Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteren's day

When I think about veteran's day I first think about my grandpa. Like many men born in his era he went overseas to protect the world from evil men. I am grateful for his service and that he came home, and married my grandmother and began the family that would eventually lead to my birth. He left me a heroic legacy and I am grateful for it. I also think about my sweetheart. He is currently serving our armed forces. I am  proud of him for his commitment to serve a higher purpose. My worst nightmare would be for that knock on my door to tell me  that he is not coming home. I think anyone who loves someone who serves could probably say the same thing, and some of them have lived through that nightmare. So today, this veteran's day I want to thank those who put their life on the line for the freedom of Americans. I want to thank them for the time they have spent away from family, missing birthdays, anniversaries and the like. I want to thank them for the effort they have spent exercising , training, and refining themselves into soldiers. I want to thank those who have spilled their precious blood, and even given their lives for the United States of America. I also want to thank the loved ones who have been left behind. You are heroes too. So to all those who have sacrificed something to ensure the safety of our country and it's people. Thank you and happy veteran's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment