Friday, January 23, 2015

And... We're back


     After nearly two weeks of being sick I am finally getting my energy back (YAY!!!). So I am starting again with my early to rise plan. I have refined my plan a little over the course of my illness though.  I spent some time on Facebook

, and I ran across an article that was talking about sleep. It went into details like what healthy sleep looks like, and tips for getting a better nights sleep. It recommended that rather than forcing yourself to go to bed early that you go to bed when you are tired and be very specific about the time you get up in the morning. The article suggested that this be done for 10 days with the theory that most people wind up starting to wake up just before the alarm after this amount of time. It made sense to me so I think I am going to try it.

     It was closer to 11PM when I finally headed off to bed last night, but I still got up with my husband at 5:15. I took a quick shower to wake me up and got a little yoga in before my oldest came down the stairs. She watched me finish my work out, and afterward we had a little chat about how Mama likes alone time sometimes, so next time she gets up early would she please just quietly grab a book and read instead of getting Mama's attention first thing. Those first moments of peace before she got up felt pretty good. Anyway, after I worked out, I strapped on an apron (thanks Mom it's awesome!) put Pandora on my phone and into my pocket and I got the kitchen cleaner than it's been since before I got sick.  I fed the kids a simple breakfast that wouldn't dirty the kitchen I just got cleaned, and then a friend of mine came by. The sweet person that she is she pitched in and helped me finish up the floor.  then we had a nice little chat. I don't know if it is because it's Friday, and I'm not doing home school with the kids today (we do it four days a week, but today feels pretty relaxed. I'm tired, but not to the point where I can't manage it. Maybe I'll snag a fifteen minute snooze when I put the baby down for a nap, but If I don't get it I think I'm going to survive just fine.

Since this is only day one of ten I can't for sure say that my day has been better because of my choice to get up earlier, but it s definitely a good start.

1 comment: