Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Early to Bed, Early to Rise Day 1

I was in bed at 9 PM, like I planned. I found it fairly difficult to fall asleep. Part of that may have been the hour but I think it is more likely that the cold I have been fighting was affecting my ability to fall asleep (note to self: use night time cold medicine if symptoms continue)

This morning I enjoyed a few moments of good conversation with my husband. I made him breakfast while he got ready for the day. It is not something I do usually because I am in bed. I think he appreciated it. When he left and I had a few minutes to myself I began work on a menu  for the last few days of this week. I didn't get very far into it when my little man woke up. I fed him and then he wanted me to hold him so I didn't get much else done before the girls woke up. I think he is just used to me cuddling him first thing in the morning.

By 7:30 my energy was already way low, but that could also be affected by my cold, My oldest wanted a shower so I closed my eyes for about 10 minutes while she showered and the other two played next to me. If I wasn't sick I might try to push on and make sure I am really tired at the end of the day, but being dead tired before 9 AM is not going to help anybody.

LATER...

It is now 9:05 PM and the monkeys are still wanting drinks and asking questions. My cold symptoms are a little worse (my head feels like it's in a bubble, and my ear is ringing a little) Had a very crazy, stressful day, which included blood, sweat, and lots of tears (some of them my own).  My idea yesterday was that if I put this off because I'm sick than it will just be something that I do halfheartedly or not at all, but I am really sick and my body really  needs rest. So I am putting this experiment on hold until I am feeling just a little better. Will return to being awesome soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment